Wednesday, July 18, 2012

-20

You read that right, -20.  Yep in July.  Because that's -20LBs baby!!

I'm feeling pretty confident that it will stick too, or rather that I'll keep making progress because 20 is about 1/3 of my rather loosely created goal.  I know I'm due for a plateau, and I know it will suck, but I'm still hopeful.

Really a lot of it is due to my little Fitbit.  Four months later and I still faithfully log in anything I eat/drink.  I wear it (almost) all the time.  One thing that was a bit discouraging... I switched my settings from "normal" to "sensitive" for the sleep tracking.  Watching my average drop like a stone and looking at that little blue sleep bar which now had big chunks of red.  Oh heck yeah, now I know why I feel tired so often! 

I still eat "junk" at times, but I'm developing more will power than I've ever had before (even with my darn sweet tooth!)

According to the settings I've put on my Fitbit I should be hitting my next big milestone before the end of the year! 

It's been all too quiet over here lately... what's up with y'all?

3 comments:

Laura said...

That is really awesome news!!! 20lbs is a big deal and it sounds like you have the motivation to keep going at it! I've done nothing worthy of posting over here, hence the silence on my part.

I actually have a fitbit and a bodybugg, but can't seem to remember (or don't want to) wear either regularly. The desk job doesn't help - sitting around all day burns 0 calories and that is kind of depressing!

Keep at it though and it sounds like you are well on your way to your goal!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

well done!

Anonymous said...

That awesome. I know it's not easy thing. It requires determination and discipline. Great job. Good luck.