Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Well, Hello Again.

I've been pondering this post for a while, I totally dropped off the posting wagon. I could blame a million different things but I think it all boiled down to motivation and my distinct lack of it.

I fell into a bit of a depression and picked up some bad habits. But, now that I have moved I am happy to report I am picking up some new ones!

Take-out became my friend during the latter part of my stay in Oregon. Not cool. My stress levels were up and motivation to craft meals was WAY down.

Two different health issues (one for me, one for the fiance) snapped me out of it. Now, I am working towards less take-out and more home cooked meals. I am also eating salads at dinner. Those who know me personally know this is a MASSIVE step. I absolutely despised salads for YEARS... just the thought of biting into lettuce made dry heave (gross but true!).

Then came the realization that my fatty/carb heavy diet wasn't doing me any favors, I needed something lighter and better for me as a side for my dinner proteins. I gave it more more shot, promised myself to eat salad for one week religiously just to see what would happen.

You know what?

I like it! I don't slather it with dressing or bury it in croutons and bacon bits. A light topping of low fat salad dressing, a few croutons and a sprinkling of low fat cheese and I've got myself a great dinner. Who'd have ever thought??

I've also joined Curves. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it turns out I like it! The workout is simple, yet effective. They say thirty minutes there equates to an hour and a half at a regualr gym. Pretty good deal! Everyone is super supportive. Tomorrow I go back for my second workout, can't wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great! I am so glad you enjoy Curves. If there was one in my teeny tiny town I would totally do it and clear the gym equipment out of my upstairs bedroom. You'll sleep better too - which will only help with weight loss and mood...

Laura said...

Great to hear from you over here! I hope you enjoy Curves and your salads! :-) I love salads and should really make them more often. ..

Anonymous said...

I miss you! I have no idea why, since we hardly ever got to hang out, but I've been missing you lately.

My mom belonged to Curves several years ago, before she became elderly. She loved it. However, she did say there came a point at which she gained enough fitness that Curves no longer really served her purpose. Just something to keep in mind. Of course, you can alway supplement it with tennis and softball, right?

Hooray for lettuce! Hip hip hooray! Salads are tasty and good for you.

So glad you're back! Now I need to post something on here too, eventually.