Saturday, March 20, 2010

Good News - Bad News

First, the Good News -- I have lost 13 pounds since the end of January!! I have done it the hard way -- watching my portions, being careful about what I eat, and not snacking. I decided that enough was enough. I saw a number on the scale that scared the hell out of me. Then I realized that I was adjusting to each 5-10 pound increment...when was it going to stop? So it was time to get serious. I do not like to exercise, so I had to do it with food.
My portions for meals were cut down to the size of food about as big as my hand, or my fist (depending on what type of food it was). Also, NO SNACKING between meals (difficult, especially if you are addicted to salty, cheezy snacks that are in every vending machine). Lunch became a salad instead of a sandwich and chips. I gave up bread for the most part -- if I want something sandwich like, I put it on rice cakes (pretty tasty, actually).
Every day on my lunch break I take a 1/2 hour walk. I did this in all kinds of weather, except pouring rain. Drizzle rain was OK, as long as an umbrella could handle it. No matter how cold or snowy, I took the walk.

Now the bad news -- I have been wearing my class ring since 1973. With the weight loss, it started getting loose. On Thursday, I realized it was not on my finger. I cannot find it anyplace!! I am afraid I lost it on my lunch-time walk...I am just sick over it.

An observation -- The numbers on the scale that terrified me on the way up are now causing me joy on the way down......

7 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. That's great news.

Sorry about the class ring. I hope is turns up.

Gabi said...

Congrats! Hope you find your ring too. That realy stinks.

GunDiva said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm sorry about your class ring, though. That stinks.

John and Regina Zdravich said...

Found the ring!!! It was in the barn under a bale of hay! Must have slipped off when I was feeding the animals. I am SO happy!!!

John and Regina Zdravich said...

Found the ring!!! It was in the barn under a bale of hay! Must have slipped off when I was feeding the animals. I am SO happy!!!

cdncowgirl said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Glad to hear you found your ring... maybe wear it on a chain until you reach your final weight? :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep plugging along! You're doing great!

Yay for finding your ring! I lost a stone out of a ring once (first ring husband ever gave to me) while moving hay. It caused several minutes of panic and upset before it was found in the hay dust in the back of the truck. It was a pretty lucky find and luckier we found it before sweeping out the bed! Darn hay! Those bales just like to steal our shiny baubles, don't they?