Friday, October 9, 2009

Starting out

**this is an edited version of my 1st post when this blog was private. thought it would do as a 1st post now that its public**

Well here I find myself. Trying, again, to lose weight.
I hate that phrase "lose weight". Its not like I want to find it again!

Let's try again... here's where I find myself, I want to remove some weight. I want to be healthy and fit.
Sounds easy right? And in theory it is. I have learned a lot about 'weight loss' through reading and watching TV... I know that doesn't sound quite right does it? lol Bottom line, there's a lot of info in my head, its the whole putting it into practice part that screws me up.
That and the emotional side of things. IMO anyone carrying excess pounds (or for that matter anyone that needs to gain a few pounds) has an emotional component they need to deal with.

These are the things I know about myself:
*I enjoy being active, but I tend to experience pain when I am
*I'm an emotional eater and also eat when I'm bored
*I'm a picky eater
*I need a support system (blogging may play a part here)

I'm very nervous about taking this blog public. There are far too many phony and cruel people out there.
Not to mention that most of the people that read my other blog - (Not Quite) Home on the Range - tend to be horse people. Horse people are great in most ways, however they can be quite judgemental on weight. "Fat" in the horse world is a whole other category. People that may be average to most are "fat". But I'm going to be "Buttercup" and suck it up. Also most of the people that comment over at NQHR are pretty good blog friends so I'd be very surprised if they were to come over here and be Negative Nellys.

And so I hope this will be a place for us to deal with weight and health. This will be a spot for us to learn and support each other.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I know what you mean and I'm here to support you.

Chelsi said...

I love what you said about loosing weight (and not wanting to find it again!) I never thought of that before...

I too really hope that this blog will be a positive place of support. As you said, "fat" in the horse world can be really difficult.

*high five* for going public. It's not easy but I hope it will be worth it for you.

Michelle said...

Good for you! You definitely have some support here. Thanks for being brave enough to start this journey! You will be an inspiration to many, I'm sure.

Mrs. Mom said...

You Go Girl!!

I;m here for you. And in somewhat of the same boat myself. *sigh*

Hmm... might be I need to email you and chat some ;)