Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week Four In Review

Dude- wait a moment here. Did I just type Week F-O-U-R?

*checking back*... Yes, yes indeed I did.

Time flies when you are having fun, huh? (Or to twist that to fit the pace at Command Central, "Time Flies When You Are INSANE".)

Four weeks. So what have I learned? Or accomplished?

Still keeping things KISS.
Smaller portion sizes are getting to be "the norm"
My activity level is gaining daily
I've been riding (!!) more
The jumpoline has had one heck of a work out lately, as the Little Mens and I jump at *least* four times a week together.

Not bad. I feel stronger- may not LOOK much different, but I *FeeL* stronger. Dear Husband, when I asked him point blank how PMS has been on HIS end of things (he usually hates it when I do things like that,) said that I need... NEED... to keep this up as I was no where near as b*tchy and I never really got "mean". I still cried at the drop of a dog hair, and the hot flashes from Hell persist, but I FEEL better. (And as long as I am NICER, everyone around me feels better too.) Dear Husband also pointed out- "Honey, you did not get here overnight, do not expect to change things overnight either." I love that man.

(PMS in this house? Putting-up with Mom Sh*t)

OK- things I have learned:
- If I feel hungry, I try to drink first. Tea, water, hot chocolate, coffee, anything- hunger is not always hunger, it may be dehydration.
- The more I do, the better I feel, the more I want to move/ do.
- Doing jumping jacks on the jumpoline? Dude-- makes your arms feel like they each weigh about 100 pounds. No kidding.
- My biggest battle?
The kids. I kid you not (sorry...) Having two growing boys in the house is tough. I hear two things in my sleep at night (when I can sleep that is,) one being the theme music from Scooby Doo, the other their favorite "catch phrase" of, "Mom!! I'm HUNGRY!" I look at the clock in amazement, knowing it has only been thirty or forty minutes since the last desperate plea for sustenance, and wondering WHERE are they putting it all? Between them, they have four hollow legs.

So of course, as I fix an endless supply of peanut butter jelly sammiches, jello, crackers, etc, the bite here and bite there sneaks up on me. It does not help having one child who will eat EVERYTHING (with Cholula- he even wants Cholula on his sweet treats. Cholula. Its a HOT SAUCE.) and the other child who will eat.... not much. Cub? Loves veggies, meats, cheeses, breads, hot sauce (by the gallon), shoot- if it does not bite him first that boy will eat it. Wrecking Crew? Not so much. His tastes change literally from second to second. Once his plate is fixed though- that's it. He either eats it or he can think about it for a while. I am NOT a drive up/ take out/ have it your way cook shack. You eat what is fixed, or... you don't. Period. The problem with that? I can't stand to see the food go to waste... so I nibble on it here and there.

How to combat that? I take less (or wait and see what he'll eat) on my plate. If he does not eat, I'm good to go. If he actually eats, then I fix my plate.

Sounds pretty weird to say that out loud let me tell you...

Gotta say- this blog? Rocks. Knowing that there are other ladies out there, working together as hard as we are, has been a huge help. Between all of us, there is an incredible pool of knowledge, and I can't thank you guys enough for digging deep and sharing your journey, too.

Stay Strong and Keep Moving Ladies!
~MM

6 comments:

Lil Mama said...

I just went and bought a jogging stroller today. I used to only run if someone was chasing me.

Mrs. Mom said...

LOL If someone decides they are going to chase me, they are going to meet my shotgun.. ;) (Or my .45... and best of all my husband! hehehe)

Smooch TLC from us!! he is getting so big...

Laura said...

Sounds like another busy week for you, MM! :-) Glad things are working well for you so far. Especially glad to hear that you've been working that red horse a bit!

I'm going to comment on the past few posts in here, since I'm too lazy to go back to each one...

AOHCM - Treadmills - not for me at home. I would totally hang clothes on it. But I have access to a gym at work, so I wouldn't need one anyways...

OregonSunshine - yeah for pilates! Sounds like you are doing well with breakfasts! Thanks for sharing the info about SparkPeople - it's on my list of things to check out and read up on.

Cdn - TOM = PITA... lol. Gotta love acronyms. I have troubles there too - not fair to have to fight nature constantly...

John and Regina Zdravich said...

You are an inspiration...you are doing so much better than I. Like you, I cannot see food go to waste, and that sometimes causes me to overeat. You are doing great in the physical activity part...I need to get with the program.

cdncowgirl said...

I have to say I agree with DH. It took time to put it on it'll take time to take it off.
And lady, YOU ROCK!!

Chelsi said...

Why do I get a little smile on my face when I think of you (or any adult woman) jumping on a trampoline! It is awesome though! lol I wish I had one.

You DO rock!!