Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Figuratively speaking at least. One of the few things I have been able to do the last month or so is ride... although not as often as I would have liked and for the last little while most of the mounting was done on the right due to that darn left foot.
But the good news is that as of December 1st I am officially back on the treadmill! And the great thing was that I worked up a nice sweat and picked it up right where I had left off. (originally due to the back injury and then the foot).
I will totally admit that I was worried I'd have to slow things down, lessen the incline or lessen the time. Not that I was going incredibly fast/high incline/long time anyway! lol
I set up the treadmill program the way I'd left off, 30 min with alternating inclines and speeds (incline up to 5 and speed of a very fast walk) The one difference I did make was not jogging at the end. I decided not to push it as that was something that I had just started to do before I got sidelined. My poor shins do not do well at speed... I'm like an old broken down racehorse. (which is kinda appropriate as I did run track in high school lol)

I also need to apologize. Here I brought this blog public, asked a bunch of you to jump in with me and then *whoosh* I disappear! This was unintentional and only part to do with the injuries sidelining me. To be honest I have spent hardly any time online this last little while and am now playing catch up in a big way. I've missed you guys and can't wait to see what I've missed!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Well Girl, we missed you too!! ;)

Glad you are back and rolling along now. Cant wait to see what you have been up to!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Welcome back!

We're here if you need us!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Welcome back!

We're here if you need us!

Oregon Sunshine said...

Aww! It double posted! Sorry!

(First it was telling me that I don't own my Wordpress Identity. And now it doesn't want to acknowledge it at all! How weird!)

Laura said...

Great to hear from you Cdn! I was just about to send you an email to see if you were ok!

Glad your foot is doing better - hopefully that is it for injuries for awhile girl! :-)

OS - blogger can be a bit of a douche sometimes - it triple posted on me last week!