Friday, February 19, 2010

Name Change... We're Now "The Asylum"

Anyone want to trade places for a couple days? 'Cause I really, really could use some time to nap and be quiet.

The weather has broken, at least for now, and we've been spending time outside cleaning up the winter's messes. The ground is starting to dry up some (YAY!) and I've been able to get the horse out as well now and again too.

Portion control has been easy. Which frankly is somewhat scary, since I dearly love to eat. It is getting easier to stop eating when I reach that "comfortable" level. Fruits and veggies have been high on my priority list as well.

However, SLEEP has not. It just hasn't happened. Not much of it anyways. I said to Dear Husband the other night, "The Children NEEEED to stop getting up at six in the morning." He agreed. The children apparently did too, as the next morning they were up at five.

I'm not the type of person who can function well with out decent amounts of rest. I manage to get BY, but actually be productive? Yeah- not so much. The routine work gets done, but adding in that little extra- like walks? Not happenin'. Add in that one week ago today, about three miles west of here, three illegal immigrants attacked and raped a woman, in the middle of the day, in her yard, takes some of the fun out of a nice walk with the kids. Yes, those of you who know me, know I *am* armed. But it seems like a much more intelligent choice not to tempt fate by leaving home and more defense methods. (They did catch the bastards. However, we have been warned by policemen that there is a growing population of trouble makers in that area. Which is all too close to home.)

Away from the gloom and doom, aside from the exhaustion things are going well weight wise. My Christmas Jeans still continue to loosen bit by bit, and even I can see changes in my belly. (Dear Husband has been telling me it is happening, I just have not been able to SEE it before now.)

The funny part? Any other time I have lost weight, my bra has fit better too. The boobages seem to come under greater control, and (Thankfully) shrink a bit too. This time? The only shrinking is in my DREAMS. There is weight coming off my back- my shirts all fit better. But the boobages are Out Of Control.

That brings me to wonder....

Am I actually loosing, or is the weight just.. moving? Defying gravity even?

hmmm.....

Oh the things we ponder when we are sleep deprived!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! How to get a live lizard OUT of the wash machine? Well, how did the bugger get in there? Can you just reach down and nab him? Maybe lure him out with a bit of raw hamburger? Wish I was there to help!

And, I'd trade places with you for a couple days. Well, as long as you could do a couple trims while you're here. I haven't succeeded in finding a reliable farrier yet. Not at all.

I would let you borrow both my Freya and my Luna too. I think you'd feel safer with them. Luna looks intimidating, Freya would eat anyone that got near you if you were nervous or in danger.

Shrinking is good! Even if it's not exactly where you want it right now. I grabbed the first pair of jeans I found this morning. They're uncomfortably loose and I have to keep hiking them up! But, I was in a hurry and I'll go change into my jeans that are getting loose but not falling off yet after lunch.

It was a bit embarrassing because my trainer and her husband were here making a "delivery". I am just over the moon today!

Mrs. Mom said...

LOL OS--- I really think that Kitty Biscuits maybe "helped" the poor little guy into the house, and into the machine. I tried to grab him, and he ran away, like down under the agitator. Tried to wiggle it, and no go--- I'm afraid to run any water in there, or move the agitator more... Dont want to hurt the lil guy!! They are cute and we LOVE their bug eating habits!!!

cdncowgirl said...

Wow now that is scary. If the powers that be know there are illegal immigrants around, and dangerous ones at that, why can't they do anything about it?
Bad enough that they steal and destroy property (look what happened to the Bunz!) but to attack and rape a woman in her own yard...

Ok cheerier stuff, the lizard made me literally laugh out loud.
And I know what you mean with the boobage. Most women seem to lose in that area first, not me. And its strange because the needle on the scale isn't really moving but the pants I wore to work yesterday... OH MY. If I put my blackberry in my pocket they were falling down. As it was I had to constantly tug at them to keep them in place. lol

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'll trade your crazy schedule and lizard for my day yesterday. The good news is that I got 8 hours of sleep, which you need. The bad news is that I somehow managed to get myself covered in dog sh*t. What do you say? You wanna trade?

Laura said...

Stay safe, Mrs. Mom! Yikes...

The lizard in the washing machine had me laughing though... I hope he met a decent end. That kitty biscuits cracks me up.