Saturday, January 14, 2012

Now That The Resolutions Are Waining

Hi guys...It's BEC here. So kindly invited by Cdn to contribute.

Here we are in the middle of January already, the 'newness' of the New Year already starting to wain...

Are those get fit resolutions dimming in memory?

Myself...I've been hitting the gym pretty regularly for the past few weeks. Mostly working on the weights.

I haven't noticed any dramatic disappearing of cellulite dimples on my backside yet (sigh) and my old nemesis, the sore shins are flaring up (oww!), but on the upside...

The back, shoulder and arm pain I was suffering from is about 99% better. If for no other reason...the relief from that pain will keep me going back at least 3 times a week.

Right now, I am still in the muscle building phase. Trying to get my back and arm muscles balanced (got about a 10 lb. difference going on) and start building some leg, hamstring and glute strength.

So are there any other weight lifters or body sculptures here? Anyone interested and just not sure how to get started?


1 comment:

Laura said...

Heya BEC! Nice to hear from you over here.

I'm a big fan of lifting weights - way more fun for me than plodding along on a treadmill...

I've been working with a trainer since late November and it is going well - I like feeling stronger, even though I have some weight to get rid of...