Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Am An Addict

Yep, it's true. I'm a reality tv weight loss show junky. And I admit it.

It started with The Biggest Loser. I watched for the first time at the beginning of Season 7. Then, I added in some Dietribe, a helping of Cook Yourself Thin, some Bulging Brides and The Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp. Over the summer, I discovered You Are What You Eat on BBC America. And I'm completely hooked on these shows.

For me, it's been about seeing someone like me completely change their life and improve their health. With every story, every journey part of me says, "Hey! That could be me! I can do that too!"

Well, now it's my turn. I've watched the shows, my inspiration has gained momentum.

I'm DONE being the fat girl!

6 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

I love Biggest Loser. I've watched for several seasons now (hmmm... maybe since partway through Season 2 or 3???)
Last 10 Pounds I've seen once or twice. Never seem to notice it on when I have time for it.
Not sure if you get it in the states but there's a Canadian show called X-Weighted. If you do happen to get it you should check it out. Kinda like a single, one hour episode following one contestant on a Biggest Loser style journey - done at home.

ps - is it just me or have the last few episodes of the season's BL kinda sucked?

Laura said...

I don't watch the Biggest Loser, but I watch the others that you listed.

I like the BBC one - You are What you Eat. The host - the little Scottish lady is a hoot. She did a Canadian series called Eat yourself Sexy...you might get it if you are picking up the Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp... I think it is playing on W Network...

Here's the web site: http://www.gillianmckeith.info/gillianmckeithtv/eatyourselfsexy.php

Laura said...

Here's a direct link to the show...

http://www.wnetwork.com/Shows/Eat-Yourself-Sexy.aspx

There are a few video clips if you did around on the site.

Amber said...

Haha, I watch the biggest looser every once in a while too. I cannot believe how much weight those guys loose!!! It is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Cdn- I only started watching Biggest Loser last season. IMO, this season sucks! They're about as entertaining as watching paint dry. But, I will be watching the finale tomorrow night and I will watch the next season after this come January!

Laura- There are actually very few episodes of You Are What You Eat because Britain seems to find Gillian's manners offensive. I find her interesting though and refreshing in her straight forward honesty. Also, it's easy to get my teen interested in better nutrition by watching Gillian as my teen daughter is an Anglophile.

AKPonyGirl said...

"my teen daughter is an Anglophile." Mine too! The big carrot right now is a month in England after she graduates from High school.