Friday, December 4, 2009

M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N

I found this on a SparkPeople page. I often struggle with "motivation" and honestly, spent years detesting the word thanks to my ex-husband, The Marine. He often used Jar-Head lingo at home and one of his favorite phrases was "Let's Motivate!". However, this gives me a new way at looking at motivation. Hopefully, it will help you too!

M-make short term goals
O-out with the negative thoughts
T-think of why you want it
I-imagine how you will feel
V-visualize the future you want
A-acknowledge your successes
T-treat yourself with respect
I-investigate new ideas and foods
O-observe your healthy lifestyle
N-never give up and never give in

2 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

LOL at Jar head talk... hehe... We are Army here, and hear a lot of that chatter from the guys who visit w/ Dear Husband...

That Motivation is a great reminder though! Thanks for sharing that!!

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing that - I need to remember those things...

I spent some time in the navy - much more civilized! ;-) Things were discussed over a drink in the mess.