- try a new recipe every week
- experiment with new foods as much as possible. Things I want to try? Grains - barley, quinoa; Beans - black, aduki, etc. and more vegetables. I get tired of carrots, peppers and broccoli after awhile.
- write up a loose meal plan for the week, so I can buy the food on the weekend and have lots of meals and snacks ready for work so I don't buy junk food
- enjoy my food - I like cooking, so why not make it something enjoyable instead of a chore?
- try and eat more organic food where possible
- cut down on sugar
This list sounds kind of dauting at first, but I'm really feeling like those items are realistic for me. I already do some of the things some of the time, but I would like to be more consistent. And planning food out helps me resist temptation when I am out and about.
What do you guys like to eat? Are you a picky eater? Is that limiting or helping you? (I know I can be picky - I don't like eggs, milk, fish and seafood!) Are you trying to just eat less, or change your eating habits all together? What are your favourite healthy foods/recipes? Does anyone buy organic or do you think it is a waste of money?
Talk to me! :-)