Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Reflection

"A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephen Dolley Jr.

How does this apply to your life? Thinking on this, will you change anything?

The husband and I wanted acreage. We wanted our horse(s) home. And then we found this place. It took time and hard work, but we found it. And it'll be exactly what we want as we make improvements and work the land.

I've been saying for the last 2 years that I wanted to lose the weight I've gained. I've lost it before without really trying. But now, thinking back, I was simply moving so much for work and didn't have time to stuff my face. It wasn't a miracle. It was getting off my butt and doing something, even if the weight loss was unintentional. I've been deluding myself and making excuses as to why I gained the weight back and not taking it off again. I just need to get up and MOVE!

I want it. I know I want it. No more excuses.

I AM DONE!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh - that quote is so true.

I really need to apply it to my life as well. It is sooo easy to let excuses and stress just take over and sap your will to live and get anything positive done.

Here's to moving forward!

Mrs. Mom said...

I had an old horseman once tell me that we can't have excuses for the horses. No Excuses. Period.

He was right about them.

Now, I try to apply that to every aspect of life--- No Excuses!!

Kick butt OS!

AKPonyGirl said...

Remember that it look a while to put the weight on and it will take a while for it to come off. We live in a society of instant gratification - instant oatmeal, instant coffee, instant communication - and have become accustomed to that. Anything worth having will take work to achieve.

I know what you mean about the property. I lived in an apartment in ANC until I learned to drive in the snow and ice. Then I bought 10 acres in Wasilla. I worked hard to add the barns, the shop, the office, the fencing......and the list goes on. It's a work in progress and I have a goal!!

So how did Spark People work out?

cdncowgirl said...

I *know* I need to move more. Part of my problem is that I sometimes think that means programmed exercise and then I usually wind up hurting myself. That's why for now I am using the treadmill... simply walking briskly and changing the incline.

Anonymous said...

Laura- That quote really sort of gave me a kick in the @ss. It can apply to so much of life. I'm not going to let excuses hold me back any longer!

Mrs Mom- I will! And so will you!

AKPonyGirl- I actually have a draft over at the other blog that rants about our society and instant gratification. More about with the invent and availability of cell phones, everyone expects you to answer or call back immediately. Whatever happened to respectfully waiting a few hours to call again? Can't a body be out picking the pasture any more or in the shower? Sheesh!

With that being said, I am not willing to give up my instant oatmeal. It's a lifesaver for those who don't like to eat breakfast like ME. But, my coffee isn't instant. In fact, it's whole bean. I love the ritual that goes through making my coffee in the morning. My potatoes aren't instant, nor my rice and I don't think much else is. No fake food in this house!

Cdn- I know what you mean. I used to think I needed to work out on top of the psychotic hours I used to work. But... maybe it's not always about programmed exercise. Maybe it's about just adding in more movement, a bit of dancing, doing things the "hard" way with multiple trips instead of the way our parents always told us to do things. I've decided to keep the chicken feed in the garage instead of moving it to the coop so I have to make extra trips back and forth. Apparently, it's working!