Monday, January 25, 2010

28 Days Later

As of today it has been 28 days that I've been hitting the treadmill and eating better. Still not great with food but definitely better!

I haven't weighed myself lately, this last week was TOM so weight isn't necessarily accurate anyhow. I will give myself a pat on the back for something that may seem silly though... the other day when the PMS was really bad I was craving chocolate in the WORST way. I had a chocolate bar and reallyreallyreally wanted another one but I stuck to my guns. I tried to keep busy until the craving went away and after awhile it did. In the old days I would have justified letting myself have a second bar, not that it was normal practice but because I would have reasoned that it was the PMS therefore I should cut myself some slack.

The 28 days is a bit of a big deal. "They" say that it takes anywhere from 21 to 30 days to create a new habit. And getting my butt moving on that treadmill IS becoming a habit :) I have missed a total of 4 days, 3 of them life got in the way and Saturday I gave myself the day off because I had been outside shovelling snow for an hour (with Pie's help thank God!) So I figured the shovelling had to have burned SOME calories! lol AND I worked through the pain of my injured knee, another thing I normally would have used as an excuse to avoid the exercise.
You know what though? All the days I missed I was itching to get on the treadmill. There were a couple other days where I was feeling lazy but come evening I'd get to twitching and get on that machine, and I felt great afterwards. (and I've finally seen all of the Sex & the City episodes - not the movie though)

I think its time that I up'd things a bit so when time permits I plan on doing 45 minutes and on days when I'm short on time I'll stick to the 30 but increase the speed/incline. I'm also planning on heading back to Curves now that I've got my treadmill routine firmly in place.

5 comments:

ORSunshine said...

Some calories? The listing I found says you burned 785 calories in that hour. 785! That's like running on the treadmill for 2 hours! It definitely counts!

I am so proud of you, Cdn! I really think consistency is the key for all of us to get healthier!

Arrgh! Blogger isn't liking me again!

- Oregon Sunshine

Mrs. Mom said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

Wicked proud of you!!!!!

Laura said...

That is really super! 28 days? Soooo proud of you! I'm going to have to work hard to keep up with you girls! :-)

I think the food will come along as you go. I'm already noticing that I'll think twice about eating something - knowing that I either have to go to a workout, or just finished one...

GunDiva said...

You absolutely rock!

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

I found my way over here from Mikey's blog. Congratulations on your progress so far! I'm not sure, if I'll ever be able to actually run because of a bad back, but I will eventually be able to walk a marathon. :)

Also...did you realize that a someone craves chocolate it's often because of a magnesium deficiency? I've taken calcium/magnesium/zinc for that very reason, and it helps a lot! The calcium and magnesium also help with muscle cramps, so it helps in that regard as well.

Hope you don't mind me hanging around and reading your posts from time to time! Keep up the good work! :)