Thursday, January 7, 2010

Goalz I haz dem!

I'm back!

Life has been quite busy lately but I do promise to drop in far more often than I have been!

Here's a repost from my personal blog regarding my 2010 goals:

I won't call them New Year's Resolution's since I read somewhere that calling a goal or project a "New Year's Resolution" is basically setting it up for failure. My friend J doesn't make resolutions, she makes rules because she will not break rules. I guess it's all in how you look at things, right?

Health

  • Go to the gym 3x times a week, and workout out for a minimum of 30 minutes.
  • Complete a 5K race while averaging a 10 minute mile.
  • Spend one 15 minute break per day walking the stairs at work instead of browsing the internet (I work in a 17 floor bldg, I started with 4 flights/day and will add a flight each week).

And in case you all are interested in the personal goals for my life, here goes:

Personal Life

  • Give more handmade gifts.
  • Along those very same lines, embrace my craftiness and spend more time crafting and less time shopping. (Especially important given the $1,000 car repair bill I was saddled with today! p.s. Anyone interested in buying photo tiles as gifts? I available for hire!)
  • Utilize my dog training books and teach Storm Dog one new trick a month.
  • Put 10% of every paycheck into savings for a “rainy day”.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you want to add on "going trail riding with OS" to that list? I've never been and I don't know if Casey has (though I doubt it) and I'm sure Maddie wouldn't want to be left behind!

Yes, I've been a pampered arena princess until now!

I like your goals! Are you thinking about the Run 4 the Roses for your 5k? There's another race here in St. Paul that's a quarter marathon in May, and two other 5k's in June- one in Corvallis and one around Portland-ish.

SquirrelGurl said...

I should definitely add trail riding!!!

I need to get in riding shape b/c my cousin and his wife asked me if I wanted to come to Montana with them on a cattle drive "vacation" that they are trying to get together!

I haven't picked an exact race to work for yet... I am still browsing the calendar on the website : http://www.racecenter.com/

But I will let you know my plans and maybe we can be race buddies!

Laura said...

Yeah! Thanks for posting this here, SG! Hope I didn't make you feel guility about it or anything!

How cool that you could go trail riding with OS!!!

Anonymous said...

I do have a spare horse and I really can only ride one at a time...