Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finally!

Its starting to come together for me, finally!
Seems like every time I was "ready" something would happen to de-rail me. Well I've stepped up and said "Enough!" and started working within my limitations when I'm hurting and going for it when I can. And lately I AM hurting. I won't go into details except to say my dang knee got all banged up and is missing some skin, which makes bending too much very ouchy. Also both knees are, one elbow and my chest are sporting some LOVELY colour (bruises are SO sexy! lol) But I can still walk so walk I will!
I have been on my treadmill for at least 30 minutes every day for the last 17 days except for 2 days. And for 4 of those days I went on the treadmill twice! (again 30 min + each time)
I've also been eating better. Not great, not perfect, but better. My supper at work is usually a chicken Greek salad (well MY version: romaine, peppers and onion with the dressing on the side) or a Chicken burger (grilled breast on a bun with some lettuce and mozza) with a small Greek salad. I've had a small pasta a couple times and a steak once.
Now that sweet tooth... still working on that. But what I'm finding is that if I give myself one sweet treat a day it goes away. Sometimes its a few jelly beans (I LOVE "Jelly Belly" beans!!) or a piece or two of chocolate, a small bowl of ice cream. Right now that's what is working for me. And I'm able to cap it off at the ONE treat.
Best of all, last week I lost 4 lbs!!

2 comments:

GunDiva said...

Congrats on all of the exercise! I wish I could say I've been 17 days straight. For my sweet tooth, I've been known to sneak one or two Hershey's kisses or - my favorite cheat - a mint chocolate Pria bar. The Pria bars taste like Thin Mints and only have 110 calories and are high in protein (6g).

Laura said...

Take care of yourself with all of those bruises and that knee!

Congrats on the 4lbs! That is aweseome. Not to mention the 17 days straight on the treadmill! Wooooooot! :-)

Working with your limitations is a tough one. I'm working through that myself. I was of the attitude that if I couldn't do something perfectly, then there was no point in trying. Not the best attitude! I've been doing much better with that lately.